Rogue P3 BIS List, Prio Guide & Cheatsheet
Video version of this guide:
Rogue P3 BIS – Quick Look
Watch the video above for better context of choices, alternative pickups and upcoming upgrades in P4.
Note: 2nd ring is sidegrade between Ring of Deceitful Intent and Band of Eternal Champion.
Seventyupgrades link: https://seventyupgrades.com/set/ea8cTzmqSNN6iV1xe8BJPo
Recommended sidegrades & prio-friendly items (vs bis)
These are a few items that I would highlight as good alternative pickups or items that will affect your prio choices.
Top PvE rogue items to prio
Rogues are super lucky this phase in that our tier is amazing, we still have great trinkets from previous phases and both rings that we might want are basically free/low competition.
Note: This prio assumes you don’t mind waiting behind others for tier since tier drops have been doubled and it’s not generally worth using up any prio picks on something that will be free to everyone
- Stormrage Signet Ring – bis for rest of game and a solid 10 to 12 dps upgrade from the next best bis this phase
- Choker of Endless Nightmares – really nice +15ish dps upgrade plus doesn’t get replaced until P5 (alternates not prio’d to us)
- Insidious Bands – big +15 to 20 dps upgrade from P2 items (smaller +6 to 9 dps upgrade from alternative P3 drops though)
- Cursed Vision of Sargeras – still a solid +10 dps upgrade over Slayer’s Helm, but it’s ranked 4 just because of how low rogues sit on prio for these vs other classes (so maybe not worth using a prio slot on this if you have no chance on it anyway – but if guild has open prio on it then by all means go for it)
- Shadowmoon Destroyers Drape – solid +9 to 10 dps upgrade while able to keep until P5 (although you can pickup P4 ZA cloak for a small dps loss if you miss out on this back)
- Shadowmaster’s Boots – solid +10ish dps upgrade from Edgewalkers, but we have freebie badge option next phase for it’s last of the non tier pickups
- Tier gear (any and all tier pieces are good – shoulders are one of the best pickups but any of the tier is good and should be high droprate)
Early P3 – Shadow resist set for Mother Shahraz (+174 SR unbuffed)
The below set is not an absolute bis shadow resist set, but rather an easy to obtain/not break the bank set that gets you to the +174 shadow resist breakpoint that many guilds are asking to reach. You’re simply using your older gear and gemming it with shadow resist/enchants where possible.
All of the below shadow resist gear will be replaced with much better crafted gear as your guild picks up the required mats from p3 raids (or buys them in AH).
Note: Keep in mind rogues in particular may not even need all this shadow resist if using sprint + rocket boots (and potentially JC neck as well), but better safe than sorry.
- Seventyupgrades link: https://seventyupgrades.com/set/k3yLCnkesPeHa6YyGwgiAR
- Gems/enchants = Void spheres/armor kits/shadow resist where possible
- Necklace can be swapped with the jewelcrafting neck ‘Pendant of Shadow’s End’ for possible alternate choice
- Back is from a quest in Hellfire Peninsula – https://tbc.wowhead.com/quest=10295/from-the-abyss (you can pick up an alternate farmable back/green item if you already did the quest and deleted the cloak)
Bonus: Murder vs. Improved Eviscerate for P3
Some might be asking the age old question of should I take murder still or dump the 2 pts into improved eviscerate talent. Well this phase it’s tough because there’s no perfect choice.
2 things to consider:
- Only 4 bosses in all of Black Temple are humanoid and none in Hyjal (the majority of the P3 trash isn’t humanoid either)
- Eviscerate isn’t used much on bosses outside of rare adrenaline rush-type situations
Basically if you pick murder then it only works on a handful of bosses in BT, but if you pick imp eviscerate then it only works on the rare occasions when you eviscerate.
What I’m doing: Personally it depends on how sweaty I’m feeling, but it’s likely I’ll be going Murder for Black Temple clear days because I like the murder damage on the 4 bosses, and I might swap the 2 pts to Imp Evis for Hyjal raid days since none of the bosses there are murderable.
I will say that I do notice that good rogues tend to eviscerate more often on trash mobs to reduce combo pt waste, so I’d lean towards imp eviscerate if I didn’t care about that Black Temple boss damage and wanted to only use 1 spec all the time.